Thursday, January 10, 2013

Guess where I went...!


Disney world. Damn straight. I probably shouldn't admit my passionate and abiding love for Disney World to the public, especially now that I am a 23 year old person... But, uhm, I just can't keep it in any longer.

I love you, Disney World.

I try to go at least once a year. Yeah, that's right. I have gone almost exactly once a year since I was six years old. That's 17 times over the course of my life. How sad do I sound right now?

Hang on, let me rephrase that question.

How awesome do I sound right now? Totally awesome.

Here is something to love about Disney, or if not Disney, then Florida in the winter: warmth. Oh, the wonderful, glorious warmth. I am missing it so much right now, as I sit here in frigid New York. I am longing for the sunshine.

I didn't take too many photos of my trip. This is mostly because I already have more photos of Disney World than is socially acceptable. So many photos of Disney. What can I say? It's the most photogenic place on earth. Also the happiest place on earth. And, OK, possibly the most staged place on earth. But that's part of what I love about it.


Here is Mary Poppins. I wish I had her dress. 


Here is a beautiful piece of the new Beauty and the Beast merchandise, making it's grand debut at the new (partially open) Fantasy Land. I think I might have to get this as my wedding china. I hope you can tell when I'm being sarcastic. 


At Belle's new castle, this gargoyle suffers.



Is that Disney World...? OR the African Savanna? I know, it's prettyyy hard to tell.

How did I end up going to Disney World? I'm still not really sure. My sister and I planned this trip very spontaneously. By that I mean that we literally woke up last Thursday morning and said to each other "you know what would be fun.....?" And before we even knew what was happening we were buying plane tickets to Orlando for the following day. Yes, we planned our whole trip ONE day before we left. I am never spontaneous. I plan every minute of my life. The entire following day, when we were in Disney World, I was still completely overwhelmed by my own adventurism. Like, wait... where are we right now?? How did this happen? Did I really....? Yes.

Awesome.

Another weird thing is that people kept giving us their fast passes to all the best rides. The first time this happened we thought it was a fluke. But then it happened again. And again. All in all, we got four free rides -- Ariel's New Adventure, Rockn' Roller Coaster, Space and Thunder Moutains... Can someone please let me know if this has happened to them? Is it just that the people at Disney World are remarkably friendly and my hardened NYC heart can't accept this?

When we got our first fast passes we thought, "Wow, our karma must be pretty good!!" But after the fourth time we were like, "No, no, our karma is definitely not this good." Then we (I) worried that something terrible was going to happen and these tickets were our consolation prize. Then we (I) decided not to worry about it and just enjoy our amazing trip. Because it was turning out to be pretty amazing.

And, so far, nothing terrible has happened. But I've got my eyes open.


Good bye Disney World, see you again next year... 




You can never have too many pictures of a giant, sparkly, plastic castle. Am I right or what??




No comments:

Post a Comment