Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Aaaand Suddenly it's Wednesday

My weeks are completely slipping away from me right now. One minute it's Saturday and I'm sleeping in and relishing all the marvelous leisure time stretching before me. The next second, it's Sunday night and I'm holding on with all my might to every last second of my rapidly diminishing freedom. Before I know it, it's Monday and I'm doing a million things while still struggling to catch up. Tuesday disappears in a similar fashion.

And, all of the sudden, Wednesday. And I'm careening into the second half of my week. And I feel like all the days are slipping through my fingers, over before I even realize they've happened

So, at this rate it's pretty safe to assume that my twenties will be over soon. Faaar too quickly. And I still won't have moved out of my parents house! But that's ok, because I truly am becoming accustomed to the idea of raising a family in my childhood bedroom, which alone is bigger than any apartment I could afford. And there's built in babysitting.

Oh, hi Mom and Dad! I hope you didn't hear that.

To distract you, here is a picture of a pumpkin named Humphrey:


Yikes, I hope I'm not aging as fast as he is... 

PS! 

Speaking of babysitting... I donated my Monday evening this week to the cause. Because I'm a masochist? I don't know. But it was totally worth it because my charge, a 12 year-old boy-child whom I have known for years and think is just wonderful in every way, told me that I was his best friend! Like, his best friend who's a girl, he means. Like, a grown-up girl. But whatever, it was super great and my heart was touched. 

I told him he was my best friend too. My best friend who's a 12 year old boy, that is. And that I just adore him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment