Friday, October 26, 2012

Inception


I am so tired today and I think it is because I woke up mid-dream. I was having such an interesting dream too. It was about an archeological dig in the ocean to find dinosaur skeletons – or a particular dinosaur skull. I don’t think I was actually doing the dive (scuba dive, I mean), but I had this image of myself in the dark, dark ocean and I was extremely scared because it was so dark. Then they (they?) gave me a headlamp and I felt a little less scared but still as though I might run into creepy fish or dangerous sharks or what have you. Also the light only enabled me to see about a foot in front of my face, which helps no one. We did find what we were looking for though and there was this aura of ancient history that was just really cool.
Then in the second half of my dream there was a subsequent dig in Africa, which was also extremely dangerous. There was all this politics going on and warring gangs that might kill us (us? The team of archeologists I guess). To increase the urgency of the situation, we were racing another group of archeologists to complete a particular skeleton.
First there was the scene on the dusty African roads where we felt very exposed to the gangs but also that the goal of completing the skeleton was worth the risk. Also there was a scene of these young African children, so innocent, who were telling us in their squeaky youthful voices that it was already their dream to become hunters and kill endangered animals or defend their communities by killing the enemy gangs. And we were sad because they were so young and we felt that they didn’t really understand the consequences of what they were saying, and yet that they would grow up to be dangerous. Also all of them had crooked teeth.
And THEN there was the scene in a lab room where we were fighting with the other archeologist team. And we knew we were in danger because we were so close to completing this skeleton and they wanted to prevent us from doing so by any means necessary.   They were trying to break into our lab and smash all of our equipment and it was just …. It was under the gun.

 

This dream has left an impression on me for the day. Now I am really interested in learning more about dinosaurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment