Monday, October 8, 2012

Things I Did While I Wasn't Here

Oh, my blog! How I have abandoned you. I have been very busy. Except, actually, not that busy and also sort of bored of writing. But I digress!

Here are all the things that happened last week: I celebrated my cousin's birthday. Yes, it was a week long celebration, just as birthdays should be. On her actual birthday, we (a couple of her friends) went out to dinner at Rosa Mexicana.  Rosa Mexicana: a restaurant that reminds me a lot of Mexico. And by "Mexico" I mean "The Mexico in Disney World's Epcot," which is PRETTY MUCH the same thing.... right?

Dinner was totally, totally delicious and awesome -- especially the churros, and to think that I was almost too full to try them but then thankfully I did and they completed my life. But THEN  I could hardly stand upright from the fullness and am still not sure how I managed to get home. Hmm... This seems an all-too-common problem of mine.... And yet. Worth it.

Two days later, my cousin's sister (AKA also my cousin, but I don't want to get confusing here...) baked a cake version of the infamous rainbow cookie. And wait, hang on. Hang on a second. That was the best cake of my entire life. And I am not kidding NOR exaggerating when I say that there is drool at the very thought and that the first tingles of an irrepressible craving are now burning in my finger tips.

I wonder if my cousins still have some cake left over... Also I need to get ahold of myself.

By the time I was eating cake, however, I had already come down with The Sickness. Yes. And I knew I should have made my boyfriend sleep on the couch...  But, even so, I will now give him a shout-out because on Friday, when I was sick and I also had to work (WOE), he brought me tissues and Kombucha during my lunch break. And despite the fact that the tissues were some crappy organic brand and were so rough they might as well have been toilet paper and the Kombucha was... warm, I love him for it. I'm a pretty big person.

As for what I did the rest of the weekend? Well. I would like to say that I am a very cool, hip 20-something and that I take full advantage of glorious New York City and all it has to offer.... but that is just a total lie. The truth is that I slept. A lot. And, well, in full disclosure I wasn't even in the city at all and I just got back today. An hour ago.

Yes, I cheated city life and spent the long weekend in the country. If it helps, I was fully appreciating fall and all the orange that goes along with it. For example, I picked a pumpkin. His name is Humphrey, though he does not yet have a face (hopefully I will get to that tomorrow). Also, I went for a hayride because I had never been on one before in my whole life (city children! We are deprived!). Except, wait, it was much more boring than I had anticipated... though I don't really know what I was expecting. Fast hills and corners maybe? Or something? Can someone please explain to me the point of a hayride? I've definitely missed it so far. Even sitting on a bale of hay was a little bit... scratchy. And the situation was made a little more dull by our very disinterested tractor driver whose full ride- narration consisted of pointing to different crops and saying, in a bored drawl, "these are our blueberries"... drives an impossibly slow ten feet.. "...These are our pears...."  C'mon man! This could be at least a little more interesting! Probably....

Like, seriously, is there more to a hayride than that? Inquiring minds need to know.

All in all, I reveled in my day off. I felt much recovered from my cold. And now, though I am back in the city, I have a fire going all wood-burning-like (city child is not so deprived after all!). It definitely smells like fall in here. And it is all so extremely toasty.



No comments:

Post a Comment