Sunday, November 18, 2012

I have even more to say about the Subway

Can you believe it?

So I was just in DC last week and I happened to take their "Metro" while I was there. Everyone always raves about DC's metro because it's ...new? I think? And clean. And they have CUSHIONED seats, how fancy.

Call me biased, but after using their subway system I think New York's is definitely superior. And readers of my blog will note that I consider myself to be an expert on the subject. But for real, here are three reasons why New York Subway kicks DC Metro's ass: A. New York Subway is 24 hrs and DC Metro is not. The fact that I could take the subway at 4am if I so desired is totally priceless in my opinion (though, no, I can't say I have ever taken advantage of this luxury) B. Our subway only requires you to swipe once (to get on the subway) and DC requires you to swipe twice (getting on AND GETTING OFF). Swiping twice is totally inconvenient in my opinion. It requires me to put my pass away and then get it out and I just don't feel like it. Why is this necessary? C. New York subway is a flat fare no matter where you go, and DC prices vary. As someone who is not from DC, THIS IS TOTALLY CONFUSING IN MY OPINION. Confusing and unnecessary. And probably why you need to swipe twice. Boo.

So, as you can see, I can safely conclude that the New York subway is the best subway. Yes, it is very old. And rusty. And most of our windows are covered in graffiti. And we have hard plastic seats instead of comfy cushions (although... if a homeless person pees on plastic, it's all that much easier to clean up am I right??). But... it's just better. OK? It's convenient and efficient and it won't bail on me if I stay out too late.

Hm, I think I owe my subway an apology. I'm sorry I complain about you all the time, New York Subway. You're great and I take you for granted.

1 comment: