Monday, November 5, 2012

Let's All Give Thanks for the Subway

Which is finally up and running in my neck of the woods! This means I no longer have to take the bus to work. Oh the bus. I forgot to list it in my City Transportation post and that is because the New York City bus is not ACTUALLY a legitimate form of transportation for anyone who has any place to be in a reasonable amount of time.

So the bus, which no one actually ever takes, was the only way to get around for three+ days (and for free as well!). And what a bizarre three days it was. EVERY PERSON was on the bus, attempting to be on the bus, and desiring to be on the bus. What paradox is this! The bus was packed beyond possibility on the first stop and anyone trying to get on on stops 2, 3, and 4, was shit outta luck.

But I shouldn't complain, because I at least had the luxury of walking home. After work, the lines for buses going downtown from 42nd street were up TWO HOURS long. And lines trying to get into Manhattan from Brooklyn were similarly outrageous. If I had to wait in such a line... I'd be mad. That's all I'm saying. Frustrated and mad. And bored.

So all in all, it's been a crazy week. Hopefully, now that we have full subway service back, life in the city can return to relative normalcy. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment