Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Things I've Had to Give Up Since Getting Full-Time Salaried Employment 6 Months Ago:

1. The Gym: I used to be so committed to my five day a week work-out schedule. For the first two or three months I was working, I kept up running 2 days a week by getting my butt out of bed at the CRACK of DAWN. But, ultimately, I had to stop that silliness because OMG way too tired.

2. Cooking and Baking: These used to be favorite pastimes of mine... but now it's like... Wait... get home from work and do more work?!?!! Like, grocery shopping and then chopping And dicing AND cooking AND OMFG CLEAN UP and... Yeah, that's simply not gonna happen. There goes my paycheck! I spent it all on takeout...

3. Annual Doctors Checkups: Like, the dentist and the (gasp choke sputter) gynecologist (like, OK maybe I'm not losing too much sleep over that one). I think I am a little more paranoid than normal about skipping out on workdays or losing precious vacation time to take care of this kind of stuff. But still... Hello rotten teeth and rotten privates!! (Try to erase that visual).

4. Any Pretense of a Social Life: Not that I had much of one before, but now it's like HAHAHA no seriously, I'm too tired. Ima pop a squat on this here couch and turn on this here television instead because uhm, I need to RELAX. I'm freaking EXHAUSTED.

5. Sleep: I don't know if you can tell the theme of this post, but I'm always freaking tired. It's like I can't get enough sleep ever. Even on the weekends now my body is like, "oh..... I sense that it is now eight o'the AM.... something tells me... IT'S MORNING AND YOU MIGHT BE LATE FOR WORK SO GET THE FUCK UP!!!!!!" At which point I bolt from the bed, never to comfortably return.

Oh sleep, how I miss you and long for you. You were one of my very best friends in the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment