Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Warning: This Rice Krispie Treat Contains Fish

That was an actual warning on the rice krispie treat I bought at my (formerly?**) favorite lunch spot this afternoon. Stupidly, I bought the thing before reading the ingredients. Because seriously? Ew.

My boyfriend took the first bite and his literal words were "What the Fuck is This?" He turned over the packaging and there it was, in clear bold writing, a warning for people with food allergies: "this product contains Milk and Fish."

Like, OK, I have never made a rice krispie treat before in my life. I kind of always imagined that the only ingredients were rice krispies.... and marshmellows and... uhm... That's it? I GUESS I can imagine milk making its way into the baking process.... but Fish????!?!?!?!!!!!!

Seriously that defies the boundaries of my kitchen. How did that get in there? like how did this recipe go so badly awry that FISH could be a reasonable inclusion.

I also feel a little scarred because I avoid seafood of all shapes and sizes and I'd always previously considered baked goods a safety zone.

Needless to say, I threw that shit right in the gar-bage. Along with my TWO WHOLE DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS (New York, man, they charge whatever they want and get away with it).

My mind is still totally boggled.



**Even though I say they're my "formerly" favorite lunch place.... I'm still totally going to go back there tomorrow and just not buy a rice krispie treat. what can I say?? I'm a creature of habit. Plus I am only 6 soups away from 1 FREE SOUP!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment