Sunday, September 30, 2012

I Love Friends (the TV show)

Especially the early seasons, when the cast is in their twenties and trying to work out their careers and who they are, etc. There's one scene from the first season particularly, when Rachel is a waitress and Phoebe is... Phoebe. And Rachel says, in reference to her life, "I don't have a plan! Do you any of you guys have a plan?" and Phoebe says, "I don't even have a pl--"

I just feel like I can relate to that so much. I don't have a plan! I try to make plans but I don't know if any of them will work out and it's just terribly nerve wracking, not knowing how my life will unfold.

Except then I remember that Friends isn't real life, and the writers and producers and actors all had pretty great, amazing plans and knew exactly who they were and what they were doing and it was all working out just. Fantastic.

And then I feel a lot less comforted.

No comments:

Post a Comment